Why choose Custom Tree Care?
- Employs Certified Arborists by the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA)
- Employs Certified Arborists by the Kansas Arborist Association (KAA)
- Member of the Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA)
- Member of the Northeast Kansas Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Fully Insured for your protection
- Available 24 hours a day for emergency service
Why Hire An Arborist?
An arborist is a specialist in the care of individual trees. Arborists are knowledgeable about the needs of trees, and are trained and equipped to provide proper care. Hiring an arborist is a decision that should not be taken lightly. Proper tree care is an investment which can lead to substantial returns. Well-cared-for trees are attractive and can add considerable value to your property. Poorly maintained trees can be a significant liability. Pruning or removing trees, especially large trees, can be dangerous work. Tree work should only be done by those trained and equipped to work safely in trees.
The arborist can determine what type of pruning is necessary to maintain or improve the health, appearance and safety of your trees.
These techniques include:
- Eliminating branches that rub each other
- Removing limbs that interfere with wires, building facades, gutters, roofs, chimneys, or windows, or that obstruct streets or sidewalks
- Removing dead or weak limbs that pose a hazard or may lead to decay
- Removing diseased or insect-infested limbs
- Creating better structure to lessen wind resistance and reduce the potential for storm damage
- Training young trees
- Removing limbs damaged by adverse weather conditions
- Thinning or removal of unnecessary branches
- Improving the shape or silhouette of the tree
Although tree removal is a last resort, there are circumstances when it is necessary. An arborist can help decide whether or not a tree should be removed. Arborists have the skills and equipment to safely and efficiently remove trees.
Removal is recommended when:
- The tree is dead or dying.
- The tree is considered irreparably hazardous
- The tree is causing an obstruction that is impossible to correct through pruning
- The tree is crowding and causing harm to other trees
- The tree is to be replaced by a more suitable specimen
- The tree should be removed to allow for new construction
- Emergency Tree Care - Storms may cause limbs or entire trees to fail, often landing on homes, cars, other structures or other trees. The weight of storm-damaged trees is great and they can be very dangerous to remove or trim. An arborist can assist in performing the job in a safe manner, while reducing further risk of damage to your property
Stump Grinding will reduce the height of a stump to below ground. The remaining hole can then be filled with topsoil and new grass can be planted.